This morning Auden woke up wanting to make pancakes. Since I didn’t have peanut butter on hand, and since I’ve mostly been making these peanut butter, banana, egg pancakes, I started to say no, and then remembered seeing a post about grain-free buckwheat pancakes. After sifting through pinterest, Auden and I got to work making some almond flour buckwheat pancakes. This recipe is adapted from The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen.
- 1 3/4 Cup Buckwheat flour
- 1 1/2 Cup Almond Meal
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups almond milk (or another non-dairy milk)
- 2 chia eggs (to make two chia egg combine 2 Tablespoon Chia seeds with 6 Tablesoons water and let sit for 15 minutes)
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
Coconut oil for cooking
Directions: First put together the chia eggs so that they can set while you’re putting together everything else. Combine the dry ingredients and set aside. Whisk together wet ingredients and combine with dry ingredients. Allow your pan to heat for 5 minutes on medium heat. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to pour into pan and cook for 60 seconds on each side.
We also made this great blueberry syrup to go with our pancakes. We’ve been going through maple syrup like nobody’s business, so this is a great way to stretch it out and to consume less sugar.